Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exhausting Day

Today started out rough and continued throughout the day.  I woke up early this morning and was not feeling well.  Apparently the pain pills are starting to show some wicked side effects and I wake up most mornings with nausea as well as spend a lot of nights struggling to sleep.  I have managed to cut back on the pain pills and only take them before bed and when I wake up which causes some pain throughout the day.  

Because I was sick this morning and feeling overwhelmed, I let my emotions get the best of me and I cancelled my plans and decided to just stay in bed.  My sister Ilene decided to come over anyway and sit with me and when I started to feel better, she took me out.  First Stop-The Cancer House!  Aside from the day I was diagnosed with Cancer, this was one of the toughest days I endured throughout this ordeal.  I received a lot more information to help me and my family through my journey as well as picked out 2 wigs to consider.  Just the thought of it all makes me sick.  My vanity has been shred into tiny pieces and I fell apart in front of people I had never met before.  The 2 ladies working there were very nice and were extremely sympathetic to me and my situation but it was hard to act like I was not bothered by it all-because I am and I am pissed about it!  I tried to act like it was not a big deal but putting on that first wig was a very emotional moment for me as I am sure it is for other men and women that go through this same thing.  I just keep asking-why me?  I managed to pull it together and get through all of the errands that I have been putting off for the past few weeks and then rested until I had to pick up the kids from school.

Cherie came over again tonight and brought some hair swatches and a catalog of wigs that can be ordered from her stylist.  Again, very overwhelming but needs to get done and glad Cherie thought to do that for me.  

Bryan left for OKC this morning and I am just thankful I remembered to feed the kids dinner and make sure both had a bath tonight.  I feel like I am losing my mind and things are slipping by me that normally would not.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow!






3 comments:

  1. Don't worry - you are strong and nothing seems to be slipping by you according to your updates. You seem to be dealing great with everything. Wish I were closer so I could help and see you! Mom sends her love your way also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet girl! Even us strong women have to break down and just let it out. You have EVERY right to be pissed! Having a blog is a good way to vent about these things so I'm THANKFUL you started one! Plus, you can go back and see what happened on certain days and stuff like that!

    Love you - Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn,

    It's ok to be angry and to let the anger, frustration, and sadness bubble to the surface now and then. Sure beats holding it all in and letting the pressure build and build. And, working through the anger is part of the healing process.

    You are an amazingly strong woman, but you only have 2 shoulders to carry the weight of all you're dealing with right now. You have lots of loving, caring friends who also have shoulders. Shoulders to cry on, shoulders to help carry your burdens, shoulders to stand together and build a strong, protective circle around you when you're just not feeling strong enough. Hang in there, sweetie. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete