Monday, September 21, 2009

1st Oncology Visit

Another adventure today.  Had my first appointment with Dr. Rosenfeld and he seems really nice.  His nurse Aimee was also very sweet and he was not playing around when he said he wants to go aggressive with my treatment.  I will start my chemo on Oct 22nd.  The first phase will be once every other week for 8wks.  I am told to expect to be sick on day 2, 3, and 4, as well as fatigue and hair loss.  I know I mention that part a lot but that is the part that is breaking me down. The second phase will be once a week for 12 weeks.  Once that is all over I will start radiation. I am also going to be included in a clinical study because I am triple negative which in cancer lingo means I am negative in all the receptor categories (hoping I am explaining that right).  I will also do the genetic testing to see if I am a carrier for the Cancer gene.  I talked to the dr about my memory loss since I feel like I am forgetting everything.  He attributes that to the stress.  Lucky for me they have medicine for that.  In fact, I walked out with a pad of scripts. Tomorrow is another day of dr visits-I am having a cat scan done and that is when they will flush the port. Wednesday is my final follow up with my surgeon.

So much to think about and so may fears.  More updates later.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl!!! Stay positive and lean on anyone you need to - sounds like there are lots of them for you to lean on. I love this blog where I can keep up with your progress; thanks for keeping us all updated. I love and miss you girl !!!

    ReplyDelete