Monday, October 26, 2009

I did it.

I made it through my first round of chemo. I am so happy to report that I did not get the vomiting that normally is associated with chemo treatments. I was a little sick the first few days but took all the meds they prescribed for me and they helped a lot. I did endure several of the side effects that they mentioned I would get but I am handling it all ok. The worst of it is over but the metal taste in my mouth I still cant seem to get rid of. Nothing sounds good to eat so I am struggling getting food into my body. Eating Lemon Drops does help but does not take it away completely. Aside from the fatique, anemia, low blood pressure, and skin irritation from the steroids, I am resting comfortably. I am also experiencing bone pains (from the nuelasta shot on Fri. that goes directly to my Bone Marrow to increase my white blood counts). I am feeling relieved to have gotten past the first round. Thanks Tiff for visiting me during my first treatment and to everyone that has contacted us to make sure we were ok.

3 comments:

  1. Stay strong--sounds like you are handling it well and that makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl... I'm SO glad I could come by if only for a bit because of little miss! I'm glad you did not get the nausea like some people can! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything! I will call ya tomorrow!

    Hugs - Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you often. Hang in there Sweetie. Your blog is very insightful, thank you for sharing. Hoping it will be very healthful for you to write also. My Grandmonther is going through 6 mo of Chemo currently. I had surgery today and have not been resonding to email but I read your blog and decided it was worth the effort to try to type this out. Much Love and Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete