Thursday, October 22, 2009

and so it began.....

I was greeted at the chemo store by a smiling face named Katie (how appropriate). She was my friends nurse when he went through his treatments last year and he contacted her and asked if she would make sure to pick me as her "patient of the day" and take care of me. She has been amazing and has made this horrible process a little more bearable. Thank you Matt for being here for me even though you are a state away.

It is 11:15am and I have been doing my treatment now for over 2 hours. All of the pre-meds have been injected through IV in my port and the first round of "the red devil" was successfully hand injected by a long syringe. That was the hardest to watch knowing what the side effects are and what was going to happen next. Bryan has been here with me every step of the way and he has been my biggest fan. I also had a visit during my treatment from a good friend of mine as well as many texts last night and this morning to wish me well. I am very touched by the outpour of love that I am receiving.

My eyes are getting blurry and it is harder to type so I will post more later.

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl... sorry I couldn't stay for longer. My daughter LURVES your hubby! :)

    Hugs - Tiff

    ReplyDelete