Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reality sets in

Today was the day that confirmed the reality of what I have been going through for the past 3 months. Today is the day my hair started falling out. Through this entire process, this was the hardest for me emotionally. I have waited anxiously for this day and thought I was fully prepared for what was about to happen. I thought I had come to terms with the hair loss and was ready to just get it over with-then it happened and I don't feel so ready.

Since I started my meds last weekend for all the infections I had, I have felt great. I have had 4 days of feeling somewhat normal again other than just being tired. I took advantage of those days and enjoyed the little things that I would normally take for granted. I actually braved the outside world yesterday and went to hang out with a dear friend and even went out to lunch.

I went to have my lab work done today and to meet with the oncologist to talk about the side effects from my last treatment and see what we would do differently for the treatment tomorrow. Luckily, my White Blood Counts were back up to 7.2 which is normal. They were at a 2.2 last week when I was sick. They are going to make a few changes to "my regimen" and use less steroids which they are hoping will decrease the side effects I had last time. They are also hoping my counts wont drop so low and that my immune system will stay up.

keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Love you girl and hoping that the meds treated you better this time around! I will give you a call later today! Went out yesterday afternoon job hunting and have more to do today!

    Love ya - Tiff

    ReplyDelete