Friday, November 13, 2009

Another Round Over

I am finally well enough to post again. The treatments this round made me sick most of the week. I did not get the other side effects from the first round (thanks to the tweaking) but I have been nauseated and felt yucky all week. I got out yesterday for the first time and was able to watch Kaitlyn ride her horse during Horses For Healing. It was such a beautiful thing to see. Unfortunately when I got home, it kicked in again and I was down the rest of the day/night. I'm hoping for additional tweaks on the next round because I am not good with the sick feeling all the time. Luckily, Bryan was home most of this week so my mom was only here for a day. Dinners are still being provided 3 days a week and that has been a huge help and one less thing I have to worry about. Thanks again to everyone that has helped out and have come by to hang out with me "in the bed" even if I am sleeping.

I also decided to get the genetic testing done to see if I am a carrier for the cancer gene (mutation as it is called). I will have those results Wednesday. If I carry the gene, it will help determine what steps will be taken next in order to ensure there wont be a re occurrence. If I test positive, I have a 67% chance that this could happen again and the kids have a 50% chance that I have passed the gene to them. I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Today is my 11th anniversary. Hard to believe that 12 1/2 yrs ago I met my husband in a Dale Carnegie Class. Very ironic as we celebrate this year that I remember the vows we took to love honor and cherish, in sickness and in health, until death us do part. I am so thankful he meant it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that feeling better becomes the norm again. Crossing our fingers for the genetic testing.
    Praying for you always.
    Traci B

    ReplyDelete