Friday, February 19, 2010

T.G.I.F.

Its been a good week for me and my labwork proved it today. Best blood count I have had since I started all the chemo treatments. Other than being exhausted from the meds and the constant nose bleeds, I am doing well on Taxol. Not sure if I mentioned it but my hair is starting to grow back and 2 more treatments and I am finished-AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of the nosebleeds, I have not been able to do the clinical study that I am on. One of the side effects was nose bleeding and guess what-I have had it! My Dr. sent me to see an ENT this week to see about cauterizing my nose to help with the nose bleeds. The ENT Dr. ended up just giving me some spray and a gel to help slow it down and cleaned out my nose with a long tube. Sounds kinda gross but he numbed it first so it did not hurt. It has definitely helped but not stopped it completely.

Had a treatment today and it went well. Plan on spending the weekend at home and ensuring my counts stay where they are. I just hate that I have to miss alot of the fun things (parties, events, dinners, etc.) for fear of germs. I am sure I will make it up to everyone this summer when I am better.

No comments:

Post a Comment