Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The End Is Near

Just a few more weeks and I am finished. Actually hard to believe that I have endured 15 weeks of chemo with only 5 more treatments to go. When I was told 20 weeks of chemo-it seemed like a lifetime. Amazing how time has gone by (although not because it was fun).

Had a few weeks of a rough patch with aches and pains that we could not explain which meant a trip to the hospital but nothing serious. Turned out to be the port has shifted and the rest was chalked up to side effects of the chemo. They put me on prednisone for the pain. Good thing we are almost done because the port will come out as soon as I complete my last round of chemo. D Day is March 5th. Also, still having the nosebleeds. I should invest stock in Kleenex at the rate I am going. Other than aches, bone pains, nose bleeds, and lack of energy, this new regimen of Taxol has been manageable. A 30 min trip to Wal Mart or Target is exhausting and then I usually have to take a nap. Some due to the fact that I have no energy and some due to the fact I dont sleep at night. I cant wait until this is over and I am laying on the beach with a good book. I am going to sleep for a week.

Another round of chemo is scheduled for this Friday. I am sad that I will have to miss the kid's Valentine's parties at school. Alex is pretty bummed about it since it is the first party I have ever missed. He was hoping I could still make it-depends on how I feel after my treatment....I am such a sucker and dont want to see him sad. I am looking forward to seeing who comes to visit me at the chemo store this week. I have great friends ("my entourage" as some refer to them as) who have surprised me weekly with their smiling faces. Sure makes it fun-well as fun as it can be for the chemo store. Thanks Dee, Cheridyth, Sheila, Cherie, Christy, Van, Matt, Lisa, Oma, and of course Bryan. Your support means the world to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, a big thank you to my Elm Tree Elementary family. Looks like a team is being formed for the cancer walk/Run in April that will be in my honor. I am deeply touched by what everyone is doing to help support me and the cure for cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment