Friday, February 26, 2010

So Close-I can taste it!!!!

What a beautiful thing it is to realize I only have 1 more treatment left and then I am finished. It almost seems surreal since it has been such a huge part of my life since Aug. '09. Proud to say that Bryan and I have remained strong in our love for each other as well as ensuring a smooth adjustment for the kids during all of this. Looking back and remembering what it was like in the beginning is very emotional for me because of what I had to endure, for what Bryan and the kids had to go through by watching it all and not being able to do anything about it, and all the people that will go through it next. I am so glad to know that we can all look back and be thankful we made it and are better and stronger for it.

Just had my weekly treatment today and was surrounded and entertained (literally) by 3 great friends and a wonderful husband. I feel so lucky to have such great people in my life that support me and love me during what seemed to be the hardest time in my life. Had a good week this week and last. Nosebleeds are still under control but not gone completely. Had a little bit of the body aches, heartburn, and was tired easily but I skipped my daily nap this week and kept myself busy with working and running errands. My taste buds checked out and no longer work. Everything tastes the same now-like cardboard with different textures. Good news is I have not gained weight in almost 2 weeks. This will be a good time to start on the diet since I haven't been eating alot. Problem is I am still eating things that are not good for me. I find myself still eating the bad foods even though I can't taste it.....I just tell myself I used to like it so it must be good! Dr says taste buds probably wont come back until mid April. I am hoping he is shooting high because I LOVE to eat.

I am hoping this week is as good as last week and that it goes by quickly. I am so ready for next Friday. Bring It On!

No comments:

Post a Comment