Monday, June 28, 2010

Surgery

Feeling better everyday. I have a lot of energy and focusing on getting things done before surgery since I know I will not feel like doing anything for awhile. Surgery is scheduled for July 8th. I will have a double mastectomy with reconstruction. Sounds like a lot but it will be worth it. If I don't have the surgery, the chance of any cancer cells coming back is 80%. If I have the surgery, the chance goes down to 2%. Pretty much a no brainer to me.

Looking forward to when all of this is behind me. Hard to believe it has been almost a year since I was diagnosed with Cancer. It was a year ago this week (when I was in Hawaii) that I was feeling very fatigued and started having the arm pains which turned out to be swollen lymph nodes on a nerve. Amazing how things can change in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment