Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cancer Free

My Petscan results are in and on May 17th, my Oncologist confidently told me that I was Cancer Free. It was music to my ears and the best thing anyone could have said to me. What a huge relief and weight that was lifted off me that day. We both agreed it was also time to end the clinical trial that I was doing since I was still getting sick from what I believed to be the chemo I was still doing. Now my body is resting and trying to heal from all the trauma it has been through. Next step is surgery. I have an appt with the surgeon on Wednesday, June 2nd to discuss the timeline.

I took a few days and went to Little Rock for my niece's graduation and then we went to Mexico for a week. It was an "I kicked Cancer's Ass" vacation. We have all been through alot this year and welcomed the change of scenery. It was the first time I have gotten away since this all began. We just got back yesterday and I am exhausted but it was worth it. I am hoping to try and slip in one more getaway before my surgery because I know I will be homebound for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anything can keep you homebound as long as the average woman! Let me know how Tuesday goes... and the boys will be in school this summer if you need anything call me. And you need to call me anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete