Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Good and Bad

Finally have enough energy to update-well not really but I am forcing myself to do it. This round kicked my butt and I am still trying to fully recover from it. Once again-they are going to make a change and hope for better results on this round. I have been nauseated off and on and had mouth sores all down my throat so it makes it hard to eat (and dont eat that much). Believe it or not-my metabolism has shut down due to low activity and I have managed to retain all of the fluid from the chemo and have gained 12lbs in 3weeks. Are you kidding me...12 freakin' lbs!!!! I am so NOT happy about that at all. Needless to say-I get to start taking a pill that will help get rid of the fluid build up. Also, they are putting me on an anxiety/depression pill. Guess I need it-so says the doctor and I think I have to agree at this point!

Good news is that tomorrow I will have my last red devil injection and the last bad round of chemo. WOOHOO--I did it! Thanks again to all my friends and family that continue to come and sit with me at the chemo store. The laughs get me through the crazy ordeal. Dec 18th I will start the 12 weeks of Taxol which is a lower regimen and given once a week. Less severe side effects associated with it but alot of possible allergic reactions so I have to take over the counter meds before/during/after the treatment (benadryl & Zantac) to help prevent them. I am praying I wont be sick and that it will be easier to handle. Although I have had great people helping me with the kids, running my errands, and cooking meals, I am ready to get control of my life back.

I went for my labwork today and counts are good. Also found out that if I decide to do the bi-lateral mastectomy, I would save myself 7 weeks of daily radiation. Pretty excited about that. I know what I need to do but I have some time to figure it all out and determine what is best. I am leaning towards the bi-lateral mastectomy. Stay tuned for what may happen next....every day is a new day!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you daily. I will pray for the tough decision you have to make. I know that God will help you make the best decision for you and your family. If you need anything please email me anytime.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete